It’s that time of year – our days are filled with assignments, final classes, studying and dreaming of the day that it’s finally all complete. I think it’s fair to say that it always seems like the semester flies by, yet this time of year somehow seems to last a lifetime. So rather than working on assignments like I should be, I decided to relate a student’s feelings at this point in the semester to one of my favourite TV shows.
1.Sitting in your last class and thinking about all of the assignments you have to do
2. Getting a paper back only to find out you didn’t do as well as you thought you would
3. Finishing a paper on the day it’s due and submitting it at 11:58pm
4. Knowing that the break is so close, then remembering everything you need to get done before then
5. When someone makes the mistake of asking you how you’re doing
6. Going into class after looking at the assignment rubric and your prof asks if you need any clarification
7. Finishing an assignment then realizing that you’re not even close to being done them all
8. No explanation needed
9. If you’re lucky enough to have a free moment amidst all of this chaos
10. Knowing that after all of this is done you have a break waiting for you
Well Badgers, on that note I think it’s time for you to stop reading my post and get back to work. You and I both know you have a lot more to be doing right now than scrolling through this post.
In all seriousness, keep in mind that there are a lot of mental health resources if you are feeling overwhelmed, stressed and would like or need help. One resource that has just been introduced is the I.M. Well App, which we talked about here.
You’ve got this! 🙂