Hello Baby badgers,
Congrats on your acceptances to Brock – the greatest school in Canada! Last year, I was a first year just like all of you so I know how confusing this new stage of your life can be! You are officially an adult, and it is time to start making decisions that will benefit you during your time at Brock. Smart Start is your first official day as a Brock Student – before Move In Day or O-Week. Smart Start starts on July 6th and runs until August 13th. You can pick a day that works best for you and your family and come experience all that Brock has to offer. If you aren’t sold on Smart Start as of yet, don’t worry! I have prepared a short list of 5 reasons why it is Smart to go to Smart Start.
1. You can get your student card early and avoid waiting in long lines on Move In day!
2. You get to meet your academic advisor before school starts, and get extra help on your class schedule!
3. You get to meet other First Year Students.
4. While Smart Start is very student focused, that doesn’t mean parents aren’t welcome! Smart Start has a special program for parents that will help them understand what to expect from their child while they pursue their degree at Brock.
5. You get to do a tour of your future home in Brock’s Residence Halls, and Brock’s Campus
Smart Start gives students an advantage to start their university experience off on the right foot by making sure both parents and students are comfortable with Brock and all the resources that we have to offer. If this short gif-filled post wasn’t enough to convince you to visit Smart Start, don’t be afraid to ask for further information. Older students – including myself – are more than happy to answer any questions that you may have! Feel free to get in touch with me via social media, or leave a comment below! There is less than 65 days until you move in! Get ready for a great year, badgers!